The proprietary and patented Zembrin extract used in Organic African Red Tea Sceletium Tortuosum (also known as Kanna, Channa, and Kougoed) safely supports a sense of alert serenity. It is traditionally used to relax the mind, reduce stress, and promote healthy sleep. Sceletium Tortuosum has been used for millennia and its use has been documented for 300 years.
Sceletium tortuosum is a succulent plant native to South Africa. The indigenous people have used the herb as a mood enhancer, relaxant, and empathogen for centuries. They have also used it for gastrointestinal and respiratory ailments, colic, and to help combat addictions to drugs and alcohol. The most common uses of sceletium tortuosum were to help with endurance and to clear the mind to help with thinking. It has also been used as an appetite suppressant.
Modern doctors, psychologists, and psychiatrists have been successful in using sceletium tortuosum for:
· Mood enhancement
· Lessen fatigue
· PMS stress reduction
· Increased energy and endurance
· Enhance cognitive abilities
· Improved mental focus and clarity
· Promotes restful sleep
· No severe adverse effects have been documented
The Zembrin extract contains mesembrine, mesembrenol, and tortuosamine which are the main alkaloids that interact with the brain's dopamine and serotonin receptors and causes the mood enhancement. The U.S. Patent Office confirmed it a serotonin re-uptake inhibitor (SRI) which regulates the most important neurotransmitter in the brain.
The Zembrin extract is a proprietary standardized Sceletium extract. A few of the unique properties are:
· has self-affirmed Generally Regarded As Safe (GRAS) status in USA.
· has been clinically studied for efficacy, with significant positive results.
· has been clinically studied for safety - the first clinical safety study on Sceletium.
· is patented, with granted patents and new patent applications.
· is the only Sceletium extract with published pharmacology.
· is manufactured at a certified EU-GMP manufacturer, the first standardized extract to have been made from Sceletium.
· is produced from HG&H’s own elite naturally occurring chemotype of Sceletium, the first large-scale commercial cultivation of a Sceletium chemotype.
· is the only Sceletium product to carry the logo of its indigenous beneficiaries - the South African San Council.
Zembrin is a standardized extract of cultivated elite plant material. Zembrin has recognized mechanisms of action involved in feelings of relaxation, calm and stress reduction. The activities have been demonstrated for the whole extract and also for the isolated key markers present in the extract, providing a rationale for the standardization to selected markers.
The quality and standardization of Zembrin is guaranteed by carefully controlled horticulture using proprietary seeds and vegetative cuttings of a select chemotype, cultivated to Global-GAP. Absolutely no wild crafting. The growing and harvesting on farms employs rural folk in these areas. Standard operating procedures are followed for the harvesting, washing, as well as for the method, duration and temperature of drying of the plant material. Key marker compounds are quantified in the raw material and extract on an ongoing basis to ensure the integrity of the phytochemical profile during production, and to determine shelf-life. Records are kept to ensure complete traceability from seed to extract.
In vitro, in vivo, and Phase-1 safety studies of Zembrin in healthy human volunteers have found no evidence of toxicity. A double-blind placebo-controlled Phase 1 clinical trial on two doses of Zembrin demonstrated good tolerability over the 3 months studied. There were no significant adverse events in the active group, and there were no differences between active and placebo groups in vital signs, blood biochemistry and urinalysis.
Serving Size: 1 capsule
Servings Per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving
Zembrin (sceletium tortuosum extract)
Other Ingredients: Maltodextrine, silicon dioxide
Contains NO: corn, wheat, soy, salt, sugar, or dairy products. Formulated without the use of preservatives, artificial colors, or flavors.
Zembrin is the exclusive trademark of HG&H Pharmaceuticals LTD
Dosage and Use:
· 1 capsule daily
· Do not use if pregnant or nursing
· If taking medication, consult your physician before taking this product
· Keep out of reach of children
· Do not exceed recommended dose
Connect with us
Organic African Red Tea Inc.
Open Monday To Friday 10:00am to 5:00pm by appointment
If you prefer, you may place an order by calling, sending a check, or emailing Nira at email@example.com
Copyright © 2008, Organic African Red Tea Inc., All rights reserved.
helps you and the community, Too!
To participate in our joint project enter "relief1" at checkout
and Organic African Red Tea will donate 10% of the sale to Grief Support Services.
US Shipping is only $6 (flat rate)
International shipping is $24
At African Red Tea your satisfaction is 100% guaranteed!
If you are unhappy with any purchase, just return it to us
for a full refund of both the purchase price and your shipping costs.